£32,000 can be seen ashore at Suffolk Yacht Harbour.
For more information please contact Rod Smith tel: 01223 812025
or email: email@example.com
Reactive is a professionally built (by the Mylor Boatbuilding Company) ketch rigged Colvic Countess 33 with centre cockpit and fin keel. Although only 33feet/10.08m long the deep beamy hull (11ft 9in/3.6m) provides the accommodation space of many 36 to 38 ft yachts as can be seen from the approximate floor plan below.
Reactive differs slightly from this drawing in that the aft cabin settee and vanity table have been replaced by a single berth and a door now separates the aft heads from the aft cabin. The forward heads is a standard marine toilet and does not have a holding tank.
“Reactive” – Colvic Countess 33
Starting from the aft cabin, on the starboard side is a double berth with a single berth on the port side. There are storage lockers above and below the berths plus a full length hanging locker at the head of the double berth.
30 gallon diesel tank and domestic battery bank sit beneath the single berth.
Moving forward along the passageway are heads to port with a built in holding tank and a wash basin. Opposite is one of four access doors to the diesel engine.
In the main saloon to port is the navigation station with a large chart table taking a full size admiralty chart with plenty of chart storage space beneath. Brookes and Gatehouse Hercules navigation instruments, Navtex, VHF marine and domestic radios and the electric distribution panel are conveniently situated in this area.
To starboard opposite the navigation station is the top loading fridge and galley with cooker, large deep cool storage box and sink surrounded by work surfaces. Crockery and cutlery for 6 together with a comprehensive set of cooking utensils are stored safely in this area. Extensive use is made of
Two settee berths either side of the large drop leaf table comprise the saloon accommodation. 165 litre water tanks are located below the saloon sole amidships. Stowage is provided beneath, behind and above the berths. Drinks stowage is in the centre of the table.
Forward of the saloon is the main heads to port and hanging/wet locker to starboard. The door to the heads when fully opened closes off the fore-cabin. The door to the saloon can then also be closed if required.
The forward cabin contains standard v-berths. Sail stowage etc. is beneath the berths.
At the bow is a double roller stem head fitting. A deck hatch to port contains the CQR and Bruce kedge anchors plus mooring warps and some chain, the main chain locker is below. A powerful electric Wolf windlass is fitted.
On the forward mast are 2 winches and all foresail halyards. Turning blocks at the mast foot lead all mainsail lines, halyard and reefing aft to the cockpit. Stainless steel rigging was replaced in 2008.
On the aft mast are mounted two winches There are two midship mooring cleats and 2 more on the aft quarters.
In the centre cockpit is the Whitlock pedestal mounted compass, steering wheel and engine controls. The control head for the Raymarine autohelm is fitted on the port side of the cockpit. The autohelm can be coupled to the Garmin GPS. .
Reactive is a very dry boat and the cockpit spray hood adds another level of comfort. The hood can be lowered or zipped to the removable cockpit canopy to form a large enclosed, full head height area. A table is available that clips onto the steering pedestal.
A vast locker on the starboard side provides storage space for a range of fenders, Avon inflatable dinghy, ropes and engine battery.
Aft of the cockpit is a substantial stainless steel gantry onto which is mounted a Hydrovane self- steering unit and a stainless steel swing-up swimming ladder.
Rig and Sails
· Sail Plan: Ketch
· Foresails: Genoa with roller reefing/furling – Gowen Sails
· Storm jib
· Mainsail: Fully battened with lazy jacks– Gowen Sails
· Mizzen: Fully battened – Gowen Sails
· Cruising chute
· Standing Rigging: stainless steel – renewed 2008
· Engine Battery: 70AH
· Domestic Batteries: 2x105AH
· Charging: from the engine alternator or from shore power
· Anchor: 35lb CQR with 60m 8mm chain, Bruce 15kg kedge
· Windlass: Wolf electrical
· Cleats: 2 cleats plus 2x chain bits on foredeck. 2 midships cleats. 2 quarter cleats
· Winches: 4 self tailings.
· Winter boat cover
· Water: 40 gallons
· Fuel: 30 gallons
· Fuel Cans – 2 x 15L
· Eastham Maxol Cooker: 2 burners, grill and oven
· Kettle: for gas ring plus electric for shore power
· Cutlery for 6
· Crockery for 6
· Various cooking utensils
· Engine: Diesel 40 hp VW Hawker Siddley Piranha
· Propeller: Maxprop 3 blade folding
· Stern gland: sealed and water lubricated eliminating the need for greasing and cleaning up surplus grease.
· Navigation Lights
· Compass Whitestar pedestal mounted
· Autohelm: Raymarine ST6000
· GPS: 3:- Garmin cockpit mounted, Garmin Navigation station mounted and Garmin handheld
· Hydrovane self steering
· VHF marine radio: Silva
· Brookes and Gatehouse Hercules instrument system providing-
Depth, boat speed, wind speed and wind direction indications both in the cockpit and at the navigation station
· VHF domestic radio with CD player
· Charts: large number mainly covering the south east coast and Holland
· Life raft: Avon 6 man – requires service
· Horseshoe lifebuoy
· Spare leather bound steering wheel
· Assorted harnesses and jackets
· Radar Reflector: demountable
· Manual bilge pump
· 2 Electric bilge pumps
· 2 Fire extinguishers
· Fire blanket
· First Aid Kit
· 2 Foghorns
· Search light
· Avon with oars, electric & foot pumps
· Outboard engine: Yamaha 2hp